Friday, June 12, 2009

Leaving with more than a pack of gum . . .


I bought this bag, the Alabaster Crackle Bag, today with my Anthropologie gift cards. I had two stacked up, and it made buying something bigger than a candle easier to qualify. I've had these gift cards burning holes in my wallet for awhile now. Anthropologie is like going to the supermarket of frilly girly clothes. You have everything to choose from, and sometimes you only leave with a pack of gum, if that.

I figured who doesn't need a white handbag? The leather is weathered so it has that crackled white leather appearance. I'm down for anything that looks old.

Shopping their online store, and comparing it to the items in store was eye-opening. So many of the items I admired online were seriously lackluster in person like this purse, the linked spectrum purse,



and this bag,

the essential washed hobo. I had seen the Alabaster Crackle Bag online and was unimpressed. The crackled quality of the leather didn't really come through online, but it was so much cooler in person.

Also, I tried on this dress, the skywriter dress.



It wasn't much on the hanger, but was really pretty in person. I would have to take a few inches off the bottom. It swept the floor on me, but I'll think about it . . .

3 comments:

jennifer said...

i can't wait to see you bag! i also liked that long blue dress, but haven't tried it on.

NettyL said...

The bag is great, and spacious. I can fit so much inside it, but I the white leather snows on all my stuff inside the bag, and the magnet on the front flap isn't very strong. Overall, I'm still pretty happy, but I might be more ticked if I had paid full price for it.

I'm Shannon said...

I have this dress and I'm wearing it to a wedding this weekend and I too have to take some off the bottom! I'm trying to figure out what jewelry and shoes to wear with the dress. Love your new bag!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin