Wednesday, April 20, 2011
10 Things I Love Right Now
1. Crystal Wine Glasses For each one I break, I will continue to buy more.
2. Spitfire Girl Wooden Bookmark The rigid wood holds the pages flat and it's easy to feel in the center of the pages when you're looking for where you left off. I thought it was a dog on a diving board, but it's actually a pig.
3. Cover Songs I don't have an image for this but this blog has a collection of covers, some off key, some spot on, but it made me smile yesterday.
4. Wearing a Wrist Watch - I bought this Timex for JCrew Watch on impulse and have no regrets. It's much faster to turn your wrist than to dig through your bag looking for your cell phone. I liked the compact size of the watch face and the simple strap.
5. My Paula Taylor Frazer Handwoven scarf. Paula Frazer is a paragon. She weaves, she makes music, she crafts. My scarf is a lovely purple. I eyed it a year ago and when I returned to the boutique and it was still there, I couldn't talk myself out of it.
6. Finishing Books - I was supposed to read the Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao over a year ago for a book club, but it passed me by. I loved it, and the book was accquired my Miramax so it might be made into a movie!
7. Gingerale. I try every flavor I can find. Brands I've tried: Bruce Cost, Maine Root, and almost all of the Reed's Ginger Brew flavors (Raspberry and apple are particularly delicious.)
8. Coffee out of the Chemex pot. A little more effort to make in the morning but so much more flavor and clean-up is a snap.
9. Mad Men Season 4 - So many repressed feelings, and unspoken truths. Season 4 was the best season so far for me.
10. The Coin Op Car Wash Station - Again, sadly no photo but some serious giggling occurred. The countdown, the high pressure spray gun, mist everywhere. Who knew cleaning could be so fun?