Friday, August 07, 2009

Carte 415 Update



Went back for more yesterday. This time, the cowgirl three cheese sandwich with grilled rapini, sunburst tomato confit, and majoram. I liked the rapini inside my fancy grilled cheese, but I thought the sandwich as a whole tasted like pizza. Again, it was accompanied by a little cup of pickled vegetables, which I forgot about until after half my sandwich was consumed. I kicked myself mentally for missing out the chance to combine flavors.

I was still hungry after finishing my pizza sandwich, so I decided to splurge and follow up with their homemade yogurt with summer berries for $6.



Oh my god.

I was happy that no one was around me in the atrium where I was eating, because I made gratuitous mmm noises for the entirety of my consumption. The yogurt comes with granola and a cup of mixed berries. It was the best thing I've eaten in weeks. The yogurt was thick, creamy, and very likely strained like a Greek yogurt. I was sad that it came in a recyclable plastic container, and not a compostable container, but wow, I was okay with a little ecological transgression after the first bite.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Work it out, Netty! For dinner tonight, I had bread, Tunisian dates, Camembert (nice suggestion!), Guyere, raisins, nuts and green vegetable soup. I'm going to to try every variation of cheese I can find while I'm here and pass on the good word! Love

Dionne said...

This looks freakin' awesome! Oh my gosh, my mouth is watering!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin