Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Dog Park, Desperate Housewives



Chrissy, Derrick and I went in search of a dog park in San Bruno that has awesome views, particularly a nice view of that odd "South San Francisco The Industrial City" sign in the hills. We found the park. It was deserted and closed down. We were still able to enter the park, but technically, we weren't supposed to be there. Biscuit ran around, searching the perimeter for escape, and I made daisy chains. (see photos). The park was behind a closed down school. Very suburban. It was a grassy space behind the school with a baseball field, and this enclosure for dogs. It was the kind of place I would have gone to make out with boys in jr.high/high school, and the sort of place I would have gone to just walk through in elementary school.

It made me think of fooling around with Shane when I was in high school. There was this amazing field of weeds over 3 ft high, and we snuck back there to roll around where no one could see us. I remember regretting the incident for a few years after it, but now I think of it as this weird other worldly, and amazing memory. Both pastoral, and suburban simultaneously. I wish there were more open spaces like that in the middle of developed areas.

Later, we went home and watched 6 hours of Desperate Housewives. I had some revelation about life while watching it but I forgot. I haven't had such an intense DVD tv marathon in quite awhile. While it was enjoyable, I am happy to report that I no longer derive the same pleasure from it that I used to, and I feel less tempted to spend gross amounts of time absorbing all that dramatic contingency.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin