Friday, July 09, 2010

Purple


Some colors simply look better on me than others despite how much I may love the colors that look awkward on me (Mustard yellow, some oranges). One of the colors I have come to the conclusion that is favorable is purple, which I have resisted, but think it's time to embrace purple in all of it's new age aura. I found a beautiful purple scarf at Gravel and Gold the other day by Paula Frazer Handwoven, but wasn't able to pick it up that day. I hope something similar will be there when I can go back. Purple is such a bold color. I think it works most fabulously on accessories.

I did a search on Etsy for purple items and I came up with this bizarre painting of corgis around a campfire. Not wearable.


And by request:

3 comments:

jennifer said...

OMG. CORGIS AROUND A CAMPFIRE?!!?!?!? Too amazing. I especially like the puppy who is too small to sit on the log.

Also, I agree with you about purple. It took a long time for me to embrace it as an adult (did I ever tell you about the purple moccasins and how I was *obsessed* with purple when I was little?), but now I really love it.

Finally, I think you should have also included a picture of Grimace. Because that's what instantly comes to mind when I think of purple. :)

NettyL said...

Grimmace, now included.

jennifer said...

YESSSSS!!!!

Thank you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin