Thursday, March 09, 2006

ANTM

America's Next Top Model is back in season. I'm a happy camper. I watched the premiere last night. Most of all I wondered how it must feel to NOT be picked. Women live their entire lives subconsciously believing that the ultimate achievement for a woman is to be beautiful, and then you work really hard to get on this show to be told that you are not good enough. You do not hit the mark of beauty.
I imagine the long term effects could be crippling. One could make a similar argument about American Idol.
On the contrary, I wish Janice Dickinson was still a judge. Even though she was a mega-bitch, I think her criticism was usually more thoughtful, and instructive than Twiggy.
Janice worked against the demure female personality. I miss her aggresiveness.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin