Sunday, January 23, 2011
I've been tagged! Jen tagged me to create a post with 5 essential items. When I think about my daily routine, I wanted to think of items that would a) make me turn around and head back home, or b) make me feel really disappointed that I left them at home.
1) Tory Burch Tortoise Shell Glasses: I can see pretty well without my glasses, well enough to forget my glasses often. I sit at work squinting in front of the computer wishing I had remembered them, slowly growing a large headache.
I switched to the tortoise shell frames after years of wearing a bolder pair of black Prada frames. I decided I wanted something a little more feminine, and subtle.
And ps. I don't do contacts.
2. Laura Bucci coffee sleeve. This falls into the disappointed I left it at home category. I was carrying a glass mason jar for awhile when I make coffee at home (which is by the way, the best travel coffee mug I've ever experienced. NO LEAKS!), but most of the time I'm too sleepy/lazy to wake up early enough to make my own coffee. The small gesture I can do for the earth is to have a re-usable coffee sleeve. I know it's not green, but I love love love coffee in a paper cup. It always tastes right.
It took me a while to order this coffee sleeve because it cost $18 for one (I noticed she raised her prices to $24!) which seems like a lot for such a little thing, but I've been very happy with my purchase. The screen print is tasteful, the fabric is thick and sewn well. It would cost me plenty more to make it myself.
3. Crate and Barrel Wine Key: I'm a server. I will get in trouble if I don't bring my wine key to work. I used to use a double tier wine key, but I left it at home and needed another in a pinch. I got this one at Crate And Barrel and it does the job. It could be a little more attractive though. I like the sturdiness of the single lever on it.
In order to make sure I always have my wine key for work, it NEVER leaves my bag. The bonus to this is in the summer months is that I'm always prepared for an impromptu picnic. This makes me very popular at any outdoor event or festival.
4. Weathered Hobo International Wallet w/ Coin Purse: Some people call this my "man wallet" because of the way it folds up. The floral interior counteracts that. I bought this wallet because i love having the great big coin purse connected to my wallet. You can see from the black wear marks that this item has taken a beating over the years.
5. House Keys: I've become a big fan of the vanity keys. I can tell them apart quickly and I love saying, "Panda will get you in the apartment, Penguins into the bike room."